Sunday, July 24, 2011

Last day!!

It's hard to believe this is my last day in Kenya!  Where has the time gone?  Last night we had dinner at some friends. They didn't remember my being here 17 years ago but my signature was in their guestbook. They all knew my friend June and it was nice to reminisce about her.  I found out how much they loved her and took care of her here.  It was a very sweet time.

This morning we went to church with 42 out of 60 children from Rehema Home.  This church was totally gutted by fire in March and in three months has been rebuilt.  God has really blessed them!  Worship was very good and Sylvia preached an excellent word.

After the service, I came back to Rehema and then the adults went out to lunch.  Sylvia is with the pastors, as she preached two services today.

I've been taking pictures and have had kids hanging all over me.  Tonight they will sing some of the songs we've worked on for devotions.

There have been numerous people that do not want me to leave.  I've made great connections and will return again. 

We leave at 5 a.m. tomorrow morning (10 p.m. tonight for the East Coast)  Our flight is at 8:10 a.m. (1 a.m.)  Please pray for everything to go smoothly with connections, customs and bags. 

Thanks for sharing in this adventure with me.  It's been precious!
God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment