Friday, July 22, 2011

Another day in the life of a missionary

Wow!  It's been busy around here!  Yesterday ... there was a yesterday....let's see...I've been up since 5:15 a.m. this morning so it's a little fuzzy...I had some free time in the morning to take some pictures.  Then after lunch, Sylvia and I went to Rehema.  She shared with their staff and then I taught the younger students 2 part harmony.  It was very cool!  I stayed for dinner and Sylvia went back to HEART.  I worked with the older students after dinner.  We did try Siyahamba.  They almost had it in a 1/2 hour.

Today I went to the Nairobit National Park.  One of the interns joined me.  It was great fun!  We saw lots of animals including a pride of lions. A lionness that was on a hunt crossed right in front of the vehicle.  I got some great pictures!  There were lots of giraffes and zebras.  We also saw a cape buffalo, some rhinos, elams, impalas and ostriches. 

After being at the park, we went to the elephant orphanage.  They had quite a few elephants there.  I watched them being bottled fed.  It was cute.  On the way home, which took 2 hours in Nairobi traffic, some baboons crossed the street in front of us.

I know, I know where are the pictures.  They'll be coming once I get them loaded on the computer.  We're going out to dinner at someone's house.  I believe they're on the board of HEART.  HEART does have a website if you'd like to check it out.

Thanks for your e-mails and prayers!  All are appreciated.  Tomorrow we move to Rehema for our last two days.  It should be interesting!

God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment